Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FlyNavy

Win 2K and ICS failed with SP1

My Win 2K machine is the "server" for a home ICS network. It was working until I installed SP1. Now, the client can contact the internet, resolve IP addresses, but not load the pages. I get the "web site found, waiting for reply" in the status bar, but no info ever gets to the client. I can, however get to MSN.com and Microsoft.com(Bill must have something going on here!)

My mail client does the same thing. Connects and logs in to POP3 server. Says "receiving message 1 of X" but never receives anything.

Does the routing somehow get changed with SP1? I have looked for an answer on line for 4 weeks. Hope you guys can help.

Fly Navy

Scott

Hmm. I thought with the amount of networking guru's around someone would of suggested something by now. Well, I've been using ICS alot now. On a few different flavours of windows and I can say Windows 2000 is the easiest to set up. (using microsofts own NAT version that is)The problem you are explaining has happened to me. I deleted all the services/components from my network properties and re installed them. The problem fixed itself. But, I imagine you have already attempted that, am I right?

A helpful ICS in windows 2000 guide can be found here

Good luck,

Cardinal.

*shrugs* Try using another router. ICS is really slow compared to say, WinRoute (Pro) - which I use.

I hear WithGate is quite good too.

--Cynan.

I've been using sygate home network for a while and it wokrs great. I've had troubles with winroute (it works after i've set it up, but after a while it seems to loose the internet connection and fails to send it to the clients...)