Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mickbench

IIS and router issues

I have a CISCO IP Router set to use NAT for our entire LAN.

We also have a DHCP Server assigning all IP Addresses to clients. There are three servers and one Router

Server1 192.1.1.1 DHCP

Server2 192.1.1.2

Server3 192.1.1.3

CISCO Router is 192.1.1.4 (Gateway)

IP address of Router is 194.112.37.6 this is fixed and assigned to our Domain name www.autocraftuk.com

I getting a leased line installed and all IP addresses will remain the same. Even the Router as it is being upgraded to Lease and not ISDN dial.

It will still use NAT.

We have WINS Server on 192.1.1.1 and 192.1.1.2

I intend to install Primary DNS and run our own zonefiles. This will be 192.1.1.3 and move secondary WINS Server to 192.1.1.3

192.1.1.1 will remain the DHCP Server.

192.1.1.3 is having IIS 4.0 installed and this will be our web server.

How do I configure this so that the IP Address of 192.1.1.3 (internal) goes outside to 194.112.37.6 and pulls the web pages from this server?

The Router holds the IP Address and the Server doesn’t have two NICS installed. I don’t intend to use RIP or make the server mulit-homed. I would prefer to have the Router plugged direct into a HUB. As it is now. Then use NAT to map the IP Address to our subnet.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

I am not sure I follow you, but it appears that you may have it worked out but not know it. The "outside" address is at the A-node of the router right? And the B-node is 192.1.1.4 right? OK, all that you need to do is to configure your NAT server to forward all traffic to your web server on the inside.

Here is how my home system works:

24.112.22.54 is the outside IP of my router

192.168.1.1 is the inside IP of my router. The router has built-in NAT functionality, and it forwards ports:

20,21,25,80,3389 to Server-1 (192.168.1.200)

22 to Server-2 (192.168.1.201)

27960 to W2K-1 (DHCP reserved at 192.168.1.11 for easy config changes)

I put all web page info on Server-1, and I can access that server at 192.168.1.200 on my internal network. The website appears using the same web address as it would from the outside (www.driventechnologies.com) since I am using DNS on the inside of my network.

The NAT of my router will work the same way as the NAT of your Proxy server.

If you need further clarification, respond here or email me.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Ah Yes..

I forgot about mapping the IP address from NODE A to NODE B

If I do this within my Router (which is NAT) any requests to access port 80 (HTTP) will end up being routed to whatever IP Address I set it to.

It makes sense now..

Thanks for making it clear to me.

NP bud, it seemed like knew the answer, you just didn't *know* it.

Get it?

smile

------------------

Regards,

clutch