Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kjordan2001

DI-701

How well does this product work? And also, I've seen reviews that say it can work as an internet sharing device. How does it do that with only 1 ethernet port out? And also, if it does work as an internet sharing device, does the GUI interface work on just one computer?

"The DI-701 has one local 10/100 Dual Speed Ethernet port and one 10Mb Ethernet global port. The local port can be connected directly to a single computer to provide added security from hackers and others on the Internet or it can be connected to an Ethernet or Fast Ethernet hub or switch to provide Internet Sharing and Firewall protection to a local area network. The global port can be connected to any Cable, DSL, or Broadband modem with an Ethernet port."

-bZj

I happen to be using the DI-701 and have to say that it works great! I have had no problems with games or running an FTP server program. Mine is connected to my D-Link 5 port switch and then to all of my computers. The GUI can be installed on as many computers as you want.