Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hairball

Win2000 ICS, WinME and StarCraft (IPX games)

I have a question, I can't play StarCraft (or any other IPX games) on the client computers, which run Windows Me.

Let me explain my situation.

I run a main server with Windows 2000 Server using Internet Connection Sharing, with client computers, running Me and 2000, all connected to a single hub.

I can surf the Internet, and check e-mail using the clients, but I can't play any of those IPX games. I can join games that others have created, but I can't create my own, and let others join.

How can I fix this problem? I've tried "opening up" the ports under Windows 2000 Server, following the help instructions, and it's no good. Do I have to setup anything on the clients?

Anyone know how? It would really help me out.

heh

i ahve the same prob....its the routers ability to process UDP packets. If one was to go to blizzard they reply...."concerning firewalls/router we weill NEVER HELP"

...now im not sure you have a router or not....but i do...and the only way to play normally is to "borrow" an IP froma service line....i tried to dick around with my linux router but to no avail. I think yer stuck dude. O btw when i joined others it was laggy...is this the same for you?

It's fine when I join other games, so I guess I could live with it, my internet connection is better once I disabled some protocols that I don't use (Not IPX), so it's better.

I guess I can live with the fact that I can join other games fine.

Well I sorta have a router, since I have a server connecting to the net running ICS.