Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Crashedmyfiesta

Bit of problem with RH7.2....

Hi, I'm pretty new here so excuse me if this is in the wrong area.

I'm running RH7.2(Enigma I think) with the default Gnome setup. While fiddling with the fonts and things I suddenly noticed that the CD player won't work any more. When I try to run it or insert an audio CD I get the message "Can't load fixed width font - exiting."

Does anyone know what the problem might be? If I log on as 'root' then it works fine.

Cheers,

Paul. :):D

Are you using a font that you added on your own (not a normally included font)? If so, check your permissions on the directory that it's contained in.

I never thought of that! I've been fiddling with fonts to try and de-uglify them (added some truetype fonts etc). I'll let you know if it works.

Cheers,

Paul.

:):D

Hmmm. The permissions are set correctly so I can only assume I've selected a font somewhere along the line that cdplayer doesn't like at all. Rats.

The permissions are set properly on the fonts directory AND the font itself? Remember that unless you used a "-R" to recursively assign the permissions all files and subdirs will not be affected by the chmod. The only reason why I would think that permissions are a cause is because your font works in "root", correct?

A bit more info. If I try and run gtcd from a terminal window this is the output I get :

Gdk-WARNING **: Missing charsets in FontSet creation

Gdk-WARNING **: ISO8859-1

Gdk-WARNING **: ISO8859-1

I've been through all the permissions for the fonts I've added and they are OK. Any other thoughts?

Cheers

Paul :):Dsmile