• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sopel39

sopel39

stranger

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 10:24 PM

I' m beginner in Linux and a bit in English, so for first I'm sory that I live.
I've bought a new computer and installed on it Win2000, my partition system looks like this:
-Win2000
-Data Partition
-free
I've started RHL 9 instlled and created 2 more partitions for ext3 and swap. Then I've installed linux (bootloader GRUB). I'm rebooting computer starting linux and... immediately after kernel is loaded it panic.
Error Message: "attempting to kill or terminate, or somewhat with init".
What can I do or what is source of this error?

#2 Braveheart1980

Braveheart1980

stranger

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 02:30 AM

I have exactly the sam problem sopel39! check my forum @ : http://www.linuxcomp...php?p=4112#4112

I have asus p4g8x mobo with intel e7205 and ich4 controller.Could it be it the problem?

#3 Dapper Dan

Dapper Dan

Pooh-Bah

• Moderators
  • 1703 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 02:58 AM

I don't know how to address either of y'alls problem directly, but maybe by asking a few questions, we might be able to come up with a good course of action. First, I'd be interested to know if you can still boot to windows, or if there is a problem there too. Also, am I understanding correctly that this happened on the very first time you tried to boot Linux, after the first time you tried a RH 9 install?

#4 sopel39

sopel39

stranger

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 03:59 PM

I can still boot to windows, else I couldn't write this post, and kernel panic only when I installed RHL 9, other linux system works fine and I have VIA board.

#5 Neus

Neus

journeyman

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 04:17 PM

also correct me if im wrong, but kill is how linux says shut off or close programs.. you dont need to worry like the computer is gonna bust or sumtin...

#6 Dapper Dan

Dapper Dan

Pooh-Bah

• Moderators
  • 1703 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 04:26 PM

sopel39, I would just attempt another RH 9 install. Try again and see if you get the very same problem.

#7 sopel39

sopel39

stranger

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 07:11 PM

>Try again and see if you get the very same problem
Yes, but it doesn't change anything, kernel doesn't boot.

#8 Dapper Dan

Dapper Dan

Pooh-Bah

• Moderators
  • 1703 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 07:38 PM

Hmm. Then I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. I wonder if it's possible there is some sort of corruption on the disk itself that's causing it not to compile correctly. Anyone else?

#9 Admiral LSD

Admiral LSD

old hand

• Members
  • 991 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 07:40 PM

What's it trying to do when it panics, can you post the lines right before the panic message?

#10 sopel39

sopel39

stranger

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 07:51 PM

Quote:
What's it trying to do when it panics, can you post the lines right before the panic message?

No, I've removed RHL, but I would like to install it again if somebody help me. I can only write that the error corrupted (stack trace) in functions like that maybe: ide_bus, init_thread()..., but hard drive is fine, I've tried to install it in another part of drive and problem doesn't stop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq