Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mike Zamarocy

MSIE6.0 and Wells Fargo Online - OUCH!

I just updated to MSIE6 BETA, and it looks ok. But now I can no longer access my Wells Fargo Online Banking. I guess its not supported or recognized yet. Can I still use MSIE5.5 on the same system at the same time?

I sort of solved it - I uninstalled IE6 and it reverted back to 5.5, so I am fine now. Didn't really see MUCH difference between the two. But I did notice one BUG when using IE6. In Explorer (file manager), ALL my directories in the folder tree had the "+" by each one, even folders that did not have subfolders inside them! Not a real problem, but still a PITA smile

I noticed IE6 really hated any cookies, and I could not find an acceptable way of managing this problem so I just went back to 5.5. Doubt this had anything to do w/ the Wells Fargo problem though. Also, I noticed the same thing w/ the +s in Explorer when I had IE6.

Did you also have to completely REINSTALL IE5.5? I had to. Cause just uninstalling IE6 and "supposedly" reverting back to IE5.5 screwed up my web prining! And ever since I reinstalled IE5.5, I had had the dreaded BSOD with the IRQ_LESS_THAN_EQUAL error when I RESTART my PC. Don't seem to happen when I shutdown, only restart. And I haven't had any BSOD's on a loooooong time! Leave it to MicroSQUASH to screw up everything - even their OWN systems! Just like you can not uninstall DX if it toasts your system!

I've been using Opera 5. After playing with it for awhile I really like it. It's a better alternative then Netscape.

Wells Fargo Online Banking is one f***up product. It only works ok with IE and if you have McAfee 4.5 you need SP1 or good luck accessing the site.

Nope, surprisingly (and trust me, I was really surprised) just reverting back to 5.5 worked fine on my system.

wells fargo is stupid. It should check that the SSL is good - thats all thats necessary. It doesn't need anything else - the thing works fine with any browser - it just needs the SSL to work.

Unfortunatly the people don't think that a new browser will have good SSL?!?!