Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bennybone

Installing Take Two with the new updates from Roxio

Ok here is my initial plan:

Do a fresh install of Win2k

Install Easy CD 5 (custom) and choose to NOT install Take Two software.

After sucessful install I will apply the update to 5.01

Then I will put the install disc back in and install Take Two.

Before running Take Two I will install the 1.03 patch that adds Win2k support, after reboot I will install the 1.03e patch for the hell of it...

So what do you guys/gals think? This the most streamlined way to do it?

HOPEFULLY after all that work i can run Take Two and create an Image so that I never have to do it again...

You thoughts and opinions are appreciated

Let me know if it works. I am afraid to to install Take Two unless I hear from someone that the new patch actually works for it.

------------------

Dredd

Webmaster of DreddNews

http://www.dreddnews.com

The new patch does work.

The patch just published on the Roxio site that upgrades to version 5.01. Read the text with index of changes & corrections of bugs.

Wolf, thanks... I KNOW that it is supposed to work. I am just trying to determine the best way of "getting" it to work.

For instance if I install Easy 5 with Take Two then the BSOD will appear and the installation will be corrupt. But If I install it custom and then apply the patch and then install Take Two it should not give me the BSOD...

I was more or less thinking aloud about the install when I started this thread and I was hoping that somebody had gone through those steps that I laid out, but it looks as though I may just be the guinea pig of the group...

I am not reformating till next Friday so there is still time for someone to post an easier way to install then the one above.

Later

I installed Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.0 with all options including Take Two a few weeks ago on my two home computers running Windows 2000 Professional and did not have any problems with the reported 'Blue Screen of Death' as reported by some people.

I have not actually backed up anything with Take Two yet but I started it up after I heard about the reported problems to see if there would be any errors, with no problems encountered.

I do plan to update to 5.01 before actually backing up anything with Take Two though.