Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cardinal

Easy cd creator 5 vs Nero 5.5

Nero 5.5 looks pretty nifty. As far the features in the creation of an audio cd go. But it still uses much the same methods of creating a cd. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It still lacks alot in the creation of cd's with copy protection. But, as you will remind me they never intended to support this feature. But how have people found easy cd creator 5? Both these programs are basic, backup/burn programs with no real advanced features of actually reading a cd. Sure they burn well. Anyway, since most of my audio cd's are mp3->wav cd's what I am interested to know is, have they really upped the possible quality of this method?

- Card.

-----------------------------

" We can either choose foolish sanity, or wise madness "

I'd be interested to know how people with Nero 5 make there CD Labels and stuff like that.

BTW lets say that a person like me has been using Easy CD Creator for quite some time and has made all sorts of backup discs on CD-R's (MP3 files). If I wanted to switch to Nero would I have full access to my backups or would they have to be re-recorded?

BTW I read the post about the review of Nero 5.5 and I noticed the Cd cover and label designer!!! Looks sweet and I believe that I will be "converting" to Nero and dumping Roxio without ever coming back.

[This message has been edited by Bennybone (edited 17 March 2001).]

Depend on how you back it up I have found it a waste of time to use backup acrhive some apply with image tool like ghost.

The thing I like about Nero it has a real Bootable CD that hide Boot part where as far I know Easy CD dosen't ekkk and you can custom Boot CD as well.

Nero is useing Ghost as backup acrhive.

As for CD Labels waste of time there nothing Black marker hehehe.

Nero as lot of real advanced features but you real don't need them unless you makeing VCD or even SVCD this was down side of older Nero app.

If CD that can be read on other PC NoN CD-R then should be no problem there Bennybone.

I don't about CD-RW disk I guest will depead what tpye format it is, belive there all use the same UDF Format, I just use plain old CD-R disk.

If you want to make labels, the best program is Sure Thing CD Lable Maker. I use Easy CD Creator and Direct CD, but not the labeling program...well, the jewel case stuff is okay, but STCLM has the templates for a variety of CD label sets: Memorex, Neato...to name a few. Plus you can choose between Letter and A4 sizes, helpful for those in the UK.

well i have used EZCD 5 but not nero 5.5 yet but my experience with EZCD 5 is that its ok probably one of the best all around but there are some bugs in it and other things about 5 i don't like but there are other things i like in 5. To recommend a program i couldnt say which is better nero or EZCD i like nero more but others like EZCD more. So look for some 'demo' versions of both and try them and see.

ok, well, what does Nero 5.5 offer that Nero 5 doesn't? I mean, is there a real reason to upgrade?

I havent heard any real specs on Nero 5.5 yet but nero keeps getting better with every version so i know im gonna get 5.5 when it comes out.