Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mysteure

Easy CD Creator 5.0

I got EZ CD creator 5.0 and I was not able to install it at all. Here is a description of what happen (note: it happen on 2 different machines, one PIII 700 all SCSI, the other ATHLON 1Ghz all IDE).

The installation was flawless, but after it says "need rebooting" the problems started.

It actually NEVER reboot. I did not get BSOD, the booting process would just froze when the win2k logo is displayed with the moving bar. Safe mode or other kind of reboot were unsucessfull.

The ONLY way to restart was:

On the PIII 700: Disconnect the WHOLE SCSII line, reboot then uninstall EZ CD 5.

On the Athlon 1Ghz: Disconnect the WHOLE IDE devices, reboot then inistall EZ CD 5.

I have tried many time to reinstall EZ CD 5 with the same result everytime.

Any one as any idea while it is happening and what else I can try? Roxio web support did not memtion that pbs.

Thanks.

i dont know but save yourself the headache and dont use EZCD 5 anyway its OK but not as good as nero. (yes ive been swayed to the nero side in the CD burning program war.) It (EZCD5)is very buggy and shouldnt have been released until further testing couldve been done on it.

The same problem 'could' happen with EZCD4.

After the re-boot it failed to boot back into Windows.

The only option was to use 'last known good config' and all was then well.

I've installed EZCD5 on three machines here at work (not installing at home until I get my half price upgrade) and all three went without a single hitch.

There has to be something in common with the fails, but three out of three fine here is a good record in my book.

i could only burn at 1x with EZCD4, the entire ezcd line after 3.5c is crap, Nero is the way to go if you can pull yourself away from ezcd, i know its a hard thing to do, but i have faith that you can learn to use Nero.

The thing is, why would I want to pull myself away from something that has worked flawlessly without a single problem since I bought it?

I've never had a single problem with EasyCD, I can write at 16x, I can re-write at 10x.

The software is easy to use with friendly drag & drop windows.

I can create my CD's in a variety of different formats.

When things do go wrong (1 work machine, failed to re-boot after CD Creator 4 installed) it was just a matter of 5 minutes on a phone whilst I was told which files to delete.

On the ROXIO site there is a troubleshooting guide (actually more like a FAQ). One of the things mentioned is that, in W2K, you have to choose custom installation and choose to NOT install Take Two. On at least some systems, the installation of Take Two whacks W2K a good one. They say they know the source of the problem, and that a fix is imminent.

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/ecdc5vhist.html

Well, for the Nero fans: I was using nero before I tried EZ CD creator 4.0. Beleive me, after I tried EZ CD creator 4.0, I was so impress as how so easy it was to use compare to Nero that I never had any regret giving up Nero.

Second I tried last known good menu: did not worked:

I tried custom insatall without take two: did not worked.

I would have called it a fluke if it was happening on my home machine only, but two computer in a row (home and work) that a little bit too much.

I am sure hope they will fix this problem because I really like that program, but I would not retry an installation before I am fairly sure it will worked fine. For know I revert to 4.03b.