Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xavier211

Weird Office/Word 2000... just strange

When I installed Win2k Pro on my computer, I reformatted my entire hard drive first. Since I couldn't find my Office '97 CD, I installed a stand-alone copy of MS Word 2000. Word ran great until recently, when it began to exhibit extremely odd behavior.

It all started when I switched out my GeForce2 to mail it away to a trader in Texas... I put in my old and failing Voodoo3. The V3 died after a couple days, so I switched in my shitty SiS 6326... once the SiS had been in for a couple days, Word started exhibiting the problems.

Word now hangs for nearly a minute and a half when I try to click the Font button on the standard toolbar. It does the same thing when I try to access the Font menu by clicking Format/Font/.

Since I was getting a copy of MS Office 2000 soon, I thought I'd just uninstall Word and reinstall Office 2k. Today I did just that. No effect on this weird freezing problem at all... in fact Excel, Access, and Powerpoint also have the same precise problem. All these programs can display any font fine when I open pre-saved documents, but none of them seem able to access their respective Font menus without taking nearly 2 full minutes.

What the heck? I'm quite puzzled.

- Xavier