Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
J-Flexx

Web Browser ::: Latest version of OPERA

I used it for a while, but found it lacked features I liked which were available in both NS and IE [bonus of being free].

I really enjoyed its implementation of CSS though.

-bZj

What features don't you like? I've been using it sporatically since v3.5 but since 5.0 I've been using it almost exclusively. It's a great browser. It's MUCH more stable than IE (a piece of crap) and way more stable than Netscape 4.76 (let's please not talk about 6.0!). The only complaint I have is that the email program is a little difficult to set-up. It's a great browser for Win2000 because it adds even more stability to a very stable OS.

[This message has been edited by Ralf Hutter (edited 18 February 2001).]

Actually, I haven't used it since 4.something, so the things that I didn't like [which I have forgotten], may have changed.

At this point, I'm too lazy to grab Opera. Maybe when I build my new computer....

-bZj

I'm using IE 6, version 2411, and it hasn't given me any problems, but then neither has any of the versions on my w2k. I used Opera, once, it wouldn't automatically dial out so it was usless to me. Maybe I am alone in having no problems, but I think not.....

Chris

last time i used it, i found it to be great except that it did not like to share the internet with anything else,i.e. ftp, news readers...have they fixed this problem in 5?

It used to crash if you had more then it accessing the internet. They , of course, stated that it would not share winsock.Does it share now? If so, then I will return to Opera.. smile

It has no trouble sharing the internet at all. Yesterday I was running 3 instances of Opera 5.01, 3 instances of Agent 1.7, Netscape Navigator 4.76, and Reget 1.7, all simultaenously. No probs at all, everything was just humming right along. I say go for it, dude!