Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
three

Nero Burning Rom

k, this is the problem..i'm running win2k with nero 5.0.3.9 English version of both...i'm doing some backing up at work with Chinese files/file name...but for some reason, it's really picky and will only burn them if i rename it to english file names...i haven't a clue as to why this is happening because at home on my desktop (english w2k as well) i can burn chinese file names without any problem...

was wondering if anybody has any ideas..

TIA

Could having a language pack installed have any effect on it? Possibly it also could be an access rights problem on the 'work' machine. Just throwing some ideas out there.

Good luck.

well i installed the language packs both for win2k and for nero, even installed some fonts, but still no go. I logged in as the administrator on the laptop (where i'm burning the cd's) i can open, modify and delete those files without any problems so access rights is not the problem. The problem is that Nero seems to be very picky about the file names.

Hmmm, well I am stumped at the moment then. I did however find this:

After the installation of the Japanese Internet Explorer or the Japanese Micorsoft Office on a Chinese system, numerous Chinese characters are shown wrongly.

Through the installation of one of these two programs the Default-Font which is supposed to depict the Chinese characters is exchanged . The new Default-Font can only depict the Japanese characters.

**Solution: Update Nero to 4.0.3.5 or newer. In File->Preferences->Language->Choose Font ... Please select a set of characters which can handle the script ChineseBig5.**

Maybe this can help. The page is Here.

[This message has been edited by CPORonin (edited 02 March 2001).]

it's not giving any errors, what happens is that there is a red x next to the file names in the nero file browser...it won't let me drag the files over. If however I change the name of the files to english, it works fine. I have tried all the settings but can't seem to find anything that works. As I said before, I can burn chinese files no problem on my desktop, but for some reason the laptop is kinda picky