Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

What is the best program for burning music cds for Win2k?

any ideas? I use easy cd-creator 3.5C right now

------------------

Celeron II 566@952 on a Abit BH6 Rev 1.01, 192 Pc100, Matrox G450 32 DH,

SBlive Value, Supra Express 56i ISA, Win98SE

It's a matter of what you like and what works for you. I use Nero, mainly cause it's the only burning app I can rely on under win2k, and also cause I like the fact that it's not bloated and full of crap like most adaptec burning apps.

Try a few flavours, see what you like

------------------

Intel PIII 450

ASUS P2B-F (BIOS 1013a)

128 MB PC 100 SDRam

64 MB PC 133 SDRam

Diamond Viper 770 32Mb TNT2 (Det. 6.4.9)

Quantum Fireball CR 8.4Gb IDE HDD

Quantum Atlas II 4.5Gb SCSI HDD

Iomega 100MB internal IDE ZIP Drive

Tekram DC-310 (Symbios Logic 53C810) SCSI Adapter

Panasonic CW-7502 8x4 SCSI CD-R (4.17)

Mitsubishi Diamond Data 32x IDE CD Rom

Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3D USB Joystick

Surecom EP-325 (Realtek 8029) PCI NIC

Lifeview FlyVideo 98 TV Tuner (BT848)

Epson Stylus Color 400 Printer

Dynalink V1456VQE-R External 56k V.90 Modem

Daewoo 710b 17" Monitor

Windows 2000 2195 SP1

DirectX 8a

#NTCompatible on UNDERNET!!!

Nero is best for MP3 to Audio CD as it can write them without decoding.

With Adaptec you have to decode back to .wav before you can write the cd.

EZ cd 4 can direct burn mp3z without decoding them. EZ cd 4 will also allow you to crossfade tracks and change fade-in/fade-out levels. no other audio burning program ive seen to date does this. So i recommend EZ CD creator 4.03

Damn, I hate it when I'm wrong.

Especially when I should know better.

I have both, and I dig Nero. Lean and fast.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Ok, I'm going to be different. I use a program called "Click and Burn". I got it primaraly for the mp3 to CD aspect. And it's great at that. I have used EZCD and Nero but I like this program better then either.

you people must not listen to trance music or any type or rave/dance/electronic music or else you would use ezcd 4 because nero doesnt allow you to crossfade tracks like ezcd4 does. Its also easier to use than nero, i like nero but its too much of a PITA to use sometimes.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ThC 129:
you people must not listen to trance music or any type or rave/dance/electronic music or else you would use ezcd 4 because nero doesnt allow you to crossfade tracks like ezcd4 does. Its also easier to use than nero, i like nero but its too much of a PITA to use sometimes. </font>

Nope. Plus I don't care for the excessive front end of EZCD. Besides, "Nero Rulz!"

smile

------------------
Regards,

clutch

nero does allow cross-fading, along with a load of filters and other stuff (right click on the file and choose properties)

i like nero because i can background burn better, than the adaptec program or the sony prog.

besides it has tons of options for burning music that are fun to play with

smile

Ok, that is all fine and dandy for BURNING a CD - but what about the RW discs??? DirectCD was the program Adaptec had for that. Will Nero do RW discs too????

directCD and nero are 2 different catagories of burning software. DirectCD is a packet Cd writer which will allow you to burn CDs in UDF format (which nero can also do if i remember correctly) which basically makes them 650-700mb floppy disks with cut and past options direct from windows explorer. So to compare DirectCD and nero is like comparing American Football to Hockey.

Nero sucks it only supports burning 44khz 16 bit stereo mp3 files EZ CD creator and WinOnCD burn everything.

With Nero I have nearly 100% CPU load, with Easy CD Creator nothing at all, I play Quake3 while burning CDs, no Prob. The only reason why I also have Nero installed is to overburn CDs.

cool xcrash thanks for that comparison. Too bad they didnt test EZ CD 5 in there frown.gif and too bad I cant even get it to install in whistler to try it frown.giffrown.gif Anyway looks like i will use music match to burn my Mp3s to CDs now in audio or decode them 1st.

warlock:

nero will burn anything encoded. i use different encoders for whatever.

also i have no problem doing anything while i burn, even copy cd on the fly. (scsi hardware)

try changing the memory buffer to 33% of your ram and change the temp dir off of your system partition and make it minimum sunthin big (i use 100 mb)

nero should use little system resources