Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jry1

Word 2000 in Win2k pro

Word 2000 crashes after 5-10 seconds, It used to work fine. I tried opening it up with a old doc, txt file, new doc, and blank page and all with the same result. I am about to install the sp1 for office 2000. I also tried an uninstall and re-installed office, but it still doesn't work. I am guessing it was something else that I installed, but wouldn't have a clue to what..... help

If you have installed any of MS Office 2000, patches they cause this problem, I think MS added some kind of protection...

If you installed any of the patches, just uninstall Office 2000, and then clean up everything left behind in its directory and reinstall it again

I have a "*****" version of W2K and it wouldn't let me install SP1. I've never had any problems with office apps though. Don't ask me why I was trying to install SP1 I'm not sure myself cuz I heard it screws up more than it fixes.

The protection issued by Microsoft shouldn't crash your program.

What it does is quitting the program immediately after startup (which is off course annoying).

What the new "Service Release 1" update does is checking if you're using one of the serialnumbers which has been around on the internet for a while & then disable all your Office programs.

There is a way around this but I won't tell you :-)