Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
STi Sev

DO NOT Download Office SP2!!

If you know this or not, Office SR1 and I presume all later releases disable any versions of office who use serial numbers know to MS as being pirated. What you discribe is typical of the protection it enforces

Yup, everything worked fine for me too on my legit copy of Office 2000 Prem.

However, I really wouldn't be in a hurry to install it.

It's basically a collection of security fixes and the programs don't report SP2 after installation.

I think this is just SP2 for SR1, I feel that SR2 will follow soon.

Mine worked fine too, maybe you should think before you post and then you'd be able to use more appropriate language!!!!!

Does the SP kill any functionality with Palm Pilots? Any users out there still able to sync ok?

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Installing the standalone upgrade version of SP2 resulted in an error halfway through installation-apparently a file could not be updated; I'm running my LEGIT copy of O2k SR1; any ideas ? I've also got all updates installed except for CDO security & e-mail security, preferring instead to trust Sophos Anti-virus et al; TIA

jdulmage,

I don't pirate software; stop making stupid accussations.

I'm running a *legit* copy of Office 2k and sp2 totally ruined office 2k software package. I reinstalled, and now everything is fine. I'm leaving it this way.

After contacting Microsoft Technical Support I finally figured it all out. It IS indeed a pirated serial number; however, the cd used is geniune microsoft. When I installed this program before on my computer I misplaced the cd case and therefore had to use a pirated one. After searching my house for the real cd-key I uninstalled o2k and installed it with my cd-key

Now if anyone can figure out a workaround that stupid extension (example .lnk/.exe files are blocked and there are no choices in the matter)

I will be VERY impressed if someone can find a workaround; perhaps a registry hax0r?

Why does my install still say SR-1? frown