Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thedeerhunter270

digital camera CX4230 under SUSE 8.2

I'm using Kodak Easy Share digital camera CX4230 under SUSE 8.2

The camera is recognized ok as a USB device, I get a camera icon on the desktop.

Once I try to access the files on the camera I get a message no files found, even though there are picture icons in the cameras dir?

cheers

Digital cameras get recognized as either a usb storage device, or need a frontend to gphoto to retrieve the photos, such as Digikam. This depends on how Linux recognizes the camera.

Let´s try something. Make a directory in your user home directory. Name it something like pictures.

Click on the camera directory, go to edit, select all, edit, copy and copy the files to the directory that you created.

See if you can see the images in that directory, or click on one and see if it comes up.

Yep did cut and paste from the camera dir - the window closes and nothing happens.

I've run as root, and the symptoms are exactly the same.

I've also tried GTKam, which is the default on SUSE 8.2, but here again even though the files appear visible, they don't seem to be there in reality?

I'm confused

I'm sure the camera has worked on other distros.

I have this same camera. Seems that the gphoto2 that comes with suse 8.2 is borked somehow. I had to download and compile the sources from the gphoto website to get it to work with this camera. Nothing special just a generic compilation and then it worked perfectly.