Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sparkhard

PLEASE HELP!! EVERYONE

PLEASE HELP I am getting this message in Windows 2000 only. this is the message i get when i goto ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS. "an unexpected error has occured,

Class not registered

res://appwiz.cpl/listbox.htc

line:225"

then i click " ok " and it tells me that "there are no programs installed on this computer" this is BS, i have to have programs installed.

so when i scroll down i see a bunch of programs but when i click on them i get this message.."" ADD/REMOVE Programs: mshta.exe - application error

the instruction at "0x70000ea35" reference memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not "read". "" WHAT THE HELL IS THIS it just started i have never had any problems with this untill recently.. i haven't changed my RAM or anything else.. i have 98,2000,Whisttler triple booted.. any help or suggestions are much NEEDED and APPRECIATED ... oh and i can post screen shots but i dont know how to do it on this forum.... Thanks to all , Sparkhard

[This message has been edited by Sparkhard (edited 30 October 2000).]

Yo- could you provide some info:

did you upgrade to windows 2000 or did you do a clean install? How did you go about installing your triple boot? Whats your sis config? Do you have all recent windows updates? Have you looked at microsoft tech support at all?

ok thanks, for replying. I first installed Win98 Se, then 2000 then Whistler, .. I have Clean installed all of them.. Win2k has SP1.. i did check out some things at the MS tech info..but it didnt work. I think i am going to do into Win 2k and run the install , then choose Upgrade.. i was told this would probably work..

SYS is PIII 500

128MB pc100

DVD and CDRW drives

VooDoo 3 3500

Promise DMA 66

I'm wondering if perhaps there is a conflict between your 3 os's. Like one trying to get the others add/remove programs. Which drives do you have what installed? I believe 98 can only be installed to the C: drive, and it dont matter for 2000, but I'm not sure about Whistler at all. You might want to try and get rid of whistler and see if that fixes it. I wouldnt trust a pre-beta OS anyway...

I've heard upgrading 98 to Win2k is not good! Too many 98 drivers and what-not left on system! Best to clean install!

I had that exact problem....but it was with Release Canidate 2!! And I think I upgraded from NT4.0. I never fixed it! When I got the full version, clean install...I never had the problem.

Sorry...guess this isn't too helpfull???

Ok Guys, thanks for the replies. I have ended up doing a Win 2k upgrade to my existing win2k install , this has fixed it, i have decided to get rid of whistler and to just wait for a solid beta or something to come out (if it ever does). So for now it is just 98/2k for me, thanks to all, Sparkhard