Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RAJV

Looking for best anti virus program on W2K platform

I am looking for a great anti virus program. What is the best one?

- norton anti virus

- mcaffe

- AVP

- ??

Hope you can help me...

I use Norton A/V 2000 and it works flawlessly.

One thing to look for (which most anti-virus software *should* have nowadays) is the ability to scan your emails as you download them.

Don't use mcaffee as I have had loads of problems with it.

It just about halved the performance of our Windows 2000 machines when it was installed. Running under NT or 9x was fine however.

I used the Norton Corporate edition 7.01. Its great..dont have any problem at all....It is the best anti-virus software...

the best i think is between Norton AV and PC Cillion. i prefer Norton but pc cillion is cheaper.

------------------

2 Computers both have :

Intel SE440BX2

Pentium III 700Mhz (100)

LS-120 120 Mb (100MHz)

Fujitsu 17.3 GB Ultra DMA 66/10.2 GB Ultra DMA 66

Mitsubihi 50X IDE

Creative Vibra PCI 128bit

Matrox Millenium G400 16Mb AGP/Diamond Speedstar 8Mb AGP

Bay Netgear 10/100PCI

Medium ATX Tower case

120W Multimedia

MS INternet KB (PS2)

MS Win2000 Pro

I use Norton2000. I've heard of it freezing when it reaches ~60,000 files on a scan, which I never experience... until the other day. The easiest way to get around this it to scan each drive/partition separately.

Otherwise, I've had little problems with it. I really like that it scans e-mail first, too.

-bZj

I've used every Norton from 5 to CE 7.01.

I've tried PC-Cillon on 98, but not 2k(it won't work)

My personal preference is either NAV2k, or NAVCE. I'm running CE because I feel it to be more robust, as it was made for servers, while 2000 was made for personal computers.

Both AV software versions have found virii before they got to my computer...but CE just found one(*Backdoor subseven) on my *hacked-No CD* Unrealtournament.exe...it cleaned it, but I went ahead and uninstalled everything UT related anyway.

2000 found virii in my emails from the university(stupid f*cking teacher--she did it three times)... So both of these I feel to be very much worth the money(or w@r3z download)...

But McAfee? Although my university endorses it, scr#w it. It will never be as good as Norton(flame as you wish)...everyone I've installed Norton on(that were using McCrappee) had virii that Norton caught, but McAfee had missed.

As long as you update your virus definitions religiously, you should be ok with any of them...

Just don't give money to McAfee. They don't deserve it :P

yeah mcaffee sux donkey balls. I would rather use nothing than that Piece of crap. I use NAV2001 and its better than NAV2000 because i was getting a little bit of system performance hit with 2000 but i like NAV2001 as much as the other.