Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Joe2000

Trying to install Office 2000 Premium under Win2000 professi

Hi! I have following problem: I have copied all files of the I386 Directory of the Win2k - CDRom to my harddisk and after installing from HD, i have problems installing Office2k. The Installation of Office needs to install several files from the Win2000 CD, but neither the CD can deal with this problem nor can the I386-Folder on my Harddisk. I know, many of you now think that it's a pirated version, but it isn't. Are there any solutions to this problem?

Thx,

Joe

try copying all of the folders on the CD to the same folder for w2kpro on ur harddrive and when prompted for the win2k CD it should give u an option to browse if you choose 'ok' with nothing in the CD.

i have office 200 premium running win2k and there wasn't a problem installing it, it didn't even ask for the win2k CD.

I had no problems with installing Office 2K Prem., but now that I have it installed, IE 5.5 asks for that CD when ever I go to an international site and need a new language pack, instead of downloading it from MS, which really sucks, with DSL, it's faster to d/l it than for me to go get the CD and let it install from there.

I did find out how to fix this though. Office defaults to that, instead, I had it install all of the language packs, which wastes space, but saves time later on. Whatever.

-bZj

------------------

- brian@infinitejones.com

Code:
==================             ===================Home built system:             Also, just for fun:Soyo SY-7VCA                   AST Bravo LC 4/66d[VIA T82C694X]                 Intel 486/66MHz CPU[onboard sound]                40MB RAM [2x16, 2x4]PIII 500E [flip chip]          500 MB Conner HddPNY 128MB PC100 RAM            3 1/2, 5 1/4, 2x CDStealth III S540               3com Etherlink II3com Etherlink III             Adaptec AHA-1545 SCSIQuantum Fireball 10.3GB Hdd    [to host some files on:]HP A4331D 20" Monitor          1.3GB internal SeagateWin2K Pro [v5.00.2195, SP-1]   2 2GB external Seagates[format => clean install]      Windows 95 [v4.00.1111]Norton AntiVirus 2000          pcAnywhere 9.2Covad 768kbps sDSL [shared]    [so I can leave it in the closet]

Hi there and thx for your answeres. I have managed to install Office 2000 by installing it programm after programm (firstly Word, then Excel, and so on). I don't know exactly why the Installation process aborts, when trying to do a Standard Installation. But now, I am satisfied with the result and don't care about that any longer smile Thank you all for your help!

Joe