Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NormanSmiley

3dMark2000 -- Is this right?

Here's my config:

P3 700E, 128mb PC 100 RAM, geForce DDR, 7200rpm HDD, and Windows 2000 Pro

I know that "Windows 2000 isn't for gaming," but I didn't expect to get such low results on the 3dMark tests. With Win98 I got a final score of around 4700 with this same config. With Win2000 I only managed 2681. There are a couple of things I am going to try before I start to get worried...

Have any of you seen this much of a decrease if you are in a similar situation?

Anything else I can try (besides switching OSes)?

------------------

NormanSmiley

http://zuzumonk.20m.com

Hmmm... I ge troughly the same scores in Win2k as I get in Win98. Maybe a hundred points lower. Are you using the latest drivers for the GF? Dont have any idea what it could be. Sorry, have you tried any other benchmark programs? SiSoft Sandra maybe.

Didn't the original version of 3DMark 2000 have a bug that prevented it from running properly in Win2k? I'd try getting the newest version and trying it again, because I believe the original was artificially lowering scores. Personally, I haven't run 3DMark on both my win98 and 2k, so I can't tell you the performance difference, but Quake 3 runs quite a bit faster on 2k than on 98. Hope that helps!

My system also shows ****ty performance in this benchmark, both before and after SP1 compared to win95 (why is it win95 is so much faster and stable tha win98 smile ) But this agrees with my Q2 framerate which also drops from 81 to 41fps in win2k @1024*768 openGL

my scores in 3dmark2000 were very low, but then i realised the proggy was doing summat very strange, while watching the tests the framerates were far higher than those that were reported at the end, looks like it's got a bit confused