Libosinfo 0.2.3 is out!
Changes since 0.2.2:
- Add datamaps for translating OS-neutral values to OS-specific ones, e.g some
installer configuration parameters like keyboard, language and timezone etc.
- New API to detect media that makes it possible to also query languages
supported by the media.
- Add install scripts for:
- RHEL 6.x.
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Fix install script for Fedora 18.
- Drop support for encoding in l10n install script configuration parameters.
- Fix test build issues.
- Fixes and improvements to documentation.
- Fix potential issues spotted by Coverity.
- Fix build for translations.
- osinfo-install-script tool now has options to list available configuration
parameters and profiles.
- Add/improve data on:
- Microsoft Windows 7
- MacOS X
- Added translations:
- Many other fixes and improvements.
What is libosinfo?
libosinfo is a GObject based library API for managing information about
operating systems, hypervisors and the (virtual) hardware devices they can
support. It includes a database containing device metadata and provides APIs
to match/identify optimal devices for deploying an operating system on a
hypervisor. Via the magic of GObject Introspection, the API is available in all
(PyGObject). Also provided are Vala bindings.
libosinfo is Free Software and licenced under LGPLv2+.
The latest official releases can be found at:
- Vala (build-time only)
For further information about libosinfo please consult the project homepage
Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users