Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
brjoon1021

How to check ISO with MD5sum ?

How do you check an ISO image that you downloaded ? I see that there is some MDsum or MD5sum for this purpose but I have no idea what to do.

Thanks

Code:
md5sum filename.iso

And compare to md5sum found on the webpage.

Take a look at man pages..
Code:
man md5sum

Quote:
tht's how u do it in linux (...)

First of all, this IS a linux forum. Secondly, it still would work.. either with Cygwin or UnxUtils (Windows ports of common GNU utilities)

nebulus, you seem to be taking offense at what binman wrote. Why? As a newbie, brjoon1021 may likely still be just a Windows user and would need to know how to do md5sum in Windows. Also, as a newbie, I doubt he would be familiar with Cygwin or UnxUtils. I had the impression that biman was just trying to be helpful like you were... smile

Maillion, I just saw where you had posted over at the Morphix forums. I guess you must have seen my name over there which is why you asked. I forgot to mention that I visit there too..

I tried this in Mandrake (in 'star'/run program/ md5sum <name>) and once i pressed run nothing happened. No window opened, nothing. Help?

You have to wait for some time for the md5 sum to appear. Just wait for a while.