Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JMD

Memory Bumps

Hello can anyone out there help me Microsoft can't seem to.

My system was running fine until 2 weeks ago

all of a sudden i start getting these memory dumps.

They only happen when i'm on the internet, sometime i can go for days with no problems then it will start.

I have'nt added any new hardware latly, and if I do I allways add SP 6A after.

If I was going to try and pinpoint the problem I would say it started around the time I joined yahoo chat. Microsoft dos'nt seem to think it's the problem. Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Thankyou

you say that the mem dumps happen only when you are on the net perhaps you could infrom us as to what browser/version you run how you connect to the net and what other apps you run when you surf that might help narrow down the prob.

Sorry about that Four and Twenty.

Browser Netscape 7.2

I connect through the phoneline

The only apps i run when surfing is Norton 2000 antivirus which has been on my system for several months, with no problems

Thanks

well i think i have the answer to your problem !!!!!!!!! The main reason for getting these memory dumps is due to your graphics card, and by any chance is it an nvida card !!!!! Well to solve this problem, you need to download the latest agp driver for your motherboard,Which could cure the problem, but the most important thing if you have an nvida graphics card, don't use there driver, use the manufactures driver who made the card, and make sure it is the latest !!!

And also put the latest motherboard bios on !!!!!

This should cure the problem !

Somehow I don't think the graphics card has anything to do with this one....I'm running a GeForce with the nVidia reference drivers and I don't have that problem.

My guess is that it's Netscape actually. I know I've had trouble with Netscape crashing a lot. I would try to narrow that problem down by using a different browser for a week or so, like IE or Opera. If the memory dumps stop, you can probably assume that it's related to Netscape.

well i think i have the answer to your problem !!!!!!!!! The main reason for getting these memory dumps is due to your graphics card, and by any chance is it an nvida card !!!!! Well to solve this problem, you need to download the latest agp driver for your motherboard,Which could cure the problem, but the most important thing if you have an nvida graphics card, don't use there driver, use the manufactures driver who made the card, and make sure it is the latest !!!

And also put the latest motherboard bios on !!!!!

This should cure the problem !

My graphics card is a Matrox G40O. I have been running the card for several months with no problems.

Could a chat applet cause this problem?

For some reason I think the MDs started aroud the time i started yahoo.

I can't say for sure. i know this is a tought one because there are so many things that can cause this.

As far as the browser is concerned I have always used Netscape with now problems.

Thanks