Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
catdude2000

Resident Evil 2 Blank Screen

I've been trying for hours to get RE2 to work on my Windows 7 64 bit computer. I've tried it installed and not installed, with the patch and without it, all the graphics drivers in the Autorun menu, and I still get a black screen when it gets to the menu. I can get it to play the opening FMV (before the first menu) but that's it. I've tried all the steps in john2earth's "Running Resident Evil 2 Platinum on Windows 7" and the "Resident Evil 2 PC-Version FAQ" including changing all the compatibility's to Win 95. I have a AMD Athlon II X2 250 @ 3.00Ghz, Dell Inspiron, with a NVIDIA Geforce GTS 450 Graphics card. Is it possible I've done some steps in the wrong order? Any help would be appreciated.

Forgot to say the menu shows up in the windowed resolutions but not the full screen ones. Also if I push enter, I hear the game voice say "Resident Evil 2."

You are using ePSXe 1.7? That version has crashes with Resident Evil 2. Usually after the gun shop but definitely before the police station. Use ePSXe 1.6 instead. 

Resident Evil 2 is also not working well on my computer.It seems like Resident Evil 2 is not bug free.

• Like 1

Been trying to Resident Evil 2 on my pc and it keeps crashing . I am using ePSXe 1.7 ? Any workaround?

I haven't checked this thread recently because I wasn't expecting replys. I tried using different versions of epsxe, and never got it to work. I was talking about the PC version. I never actually completely solved the problem, but I did find a solution. (It was completely unplayable until I figured it out) I simply used the shortcut key (f8 I think it is) to change the resolution. I have to do it after every FMV cutscene. It's a hassle, but the actual gameplay works fine. There are still lines in the background graphics, (yes I tried all the solutions that I spent hours looking up for that problem) but no other problems besides that. Even gamepad support works!