• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 catdude2000

catdude2000

stranger

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

I've been trying for hours to get RE2 to work on my Windows 7 64 bit computer. I've tried it installed and not installed, with the patch and without it, all the graphics drivers in the Autorun menu, and I still get a black screen when it gets to the menu. I can get it to play the opening FMV (before the first menu) but that's it. I've tried all the steps in john2earth's "Running Resident Evil 2 Platinum on Windows 7" and the "Resident Evil 2 PC-Version FAQ" including changing all the compatibility's to Win 95. I have a AMD Athlon II X2 250 @ 3.00Ghz, Dell Inspiron, with a NVIDIA Geforce GTS 450 Graphics card. Is it possible I've done some steps in the wrong order? Any help would be appreciated.

#2 catdude2000

catdude2000

stranger

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

Forgot to say the menu shows up in the windowed resolutions but not the full screen ones. Also if I push enter, I hear the game voice say "Resident Evil 2."

#3 gyaMe

gyaMe

stranger

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

You are using ePSXe 1.7? That version has crashes with Resident Evil 2. Usually after the gun shop but definitely before the police station. Use ePSXe 1.6 instead. sildenafil

#4 gyaMe

gyaMe

stranger

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:28 AM

You are using ePSXe 1.7? That version has crashes with Resident Evil 2. Usually after the gun shop but definitely before the police station. Use ePSXe 1.6 instead.

#5 Emily79

Emily79

stranger

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

Resident Evil 2 is also not working well on my computer.It seems like Resident Evil 2 is not bug free.

#6 catdude2000

catdude2000

stranger

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:11 AM

I haven't checked this thread recently because I wasn't expecting replys. I tried using different versions of epsxe, and never got it to work. I was talking about the PC version. I never actually completely solved the problem, but I did find a solution. (It was completely unplayable until I figured it out) I simply used the shortcut key (f8 I think it is) to change the resolution. I have to do it after every FMV cutscene. It's a hassle, but the actual gameplay works fine. There are still lines in the background graphics, (yes I tried all the solutions that I spent hours looking up for that problem) but no other problems besides that. Even gamepad support works!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq