Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mattchris

ATI Multimedia Center 7 beta

I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem I'm having. I have the ATI AiW 128 with 32MB of RAM. I installed both the beta drivers and the beta MMC. Everything except the TV Viewer functions perfectly. Whenever I try to open the TV display window the Audio turns on fine and I can hear the TV channel through my speakers but the entire OS freezes when the TV Video should be coming on. Nothing I do seems to let me out of this crash, but the TV Audio keeps going. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

The problem is that the MMC is still in BETA. They for some reason cannot make a TV program for their OWN hardware (tho PowerVCR has worked for several versions with no glitches (even video capture) on Win2K).

I have an ATI card too, and I am going to seriously consider another brand of Video adapter when it comes that time for a upgrade. They have crappy tech support (incredibly slow and very unhelpful) and seem to forget about the older (but still widley used) cards. They need to clean up their act fast before they lose a giant margin of their user base.

--Now inc

------------------

Now inc.

http://www.now-incorporated.com