Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Andy_25

Winamp takes a long time to change audio tracks

Hello, (I've used the search wink )

I have a weird Winamp problem. Whenever I change a cd-audio track in Win2k it takes ages for winamp to switch tracks. It's almost like inserting a new CD. I'm running Win2k final release, CEL400@450, 128mb, and Pioneer DR-A015. This is quite annoying because it completely freezes my computer while it's changing tracks. Hopefully someone can help! Maybe suggest another Cd-player (not the Win2k one)...

Thanks!

Now I have a further problem. Whenever I insert a CD Winamp tries to autoplay it. Even after I disable "autoplay audio cds" in winamp prefs. And on top of this, Mp3decoder starts to load numerous sessions when I insert a CD. I dont know if this is related to Winamp or MP3decoder. I suppose it's something to do with Winamp since MP3Decoder does not have any "autoplay" features. Any thoughts on that anyone?

Thanks.

Many of the solutions are so simple! I just figured out why my cd-rom was so slow to change cd audio tracks with Winamp (and some other players).

In device manager, in cd-rom properties, there's an option "Enable Digital CD audio for this CD-ROM device". For some reason, it was disabled by default?! Anyhow, after enabling it, my audio cds now behave as they should!

Andy