Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  

If Windows 2000 is so powerful and manageable, what's the fu

I have never used diskeeper, but may do so depending on the responses I get on this thread. From what I know about Diskeeper, it defrags and a couple other small things. Well, if this is true, why use it? I can defrag my disks just fine (I think) using the build in defragmenting utility in Win2k.

This brings me to a second question. Does anybody think a Norton Utilites will be released for Win2k? If so, should I use it?

Cheers

--Sandoval

There's no fuss over diskeeper - I find it to actually be a mediocre defrag utility that takes too bloody long. I prefer Perfect Disk 2000 - it will defrag the system files and MFT, in addition to moving files based on how often they are accessed to the back or front of the disk. With respect to NU - I am certain there will be a version for win2k and you will get a lot of differing opinions concerning whether or not you should use it. I am leaning towards no, simply because of how often NU screws things up and how a screw up in NT means a reinstall because you have an unbootable computer.

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!