Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fare

PalmPilot organizer software

I´m trying to install Palmpilot V software on my workstation but the application freezes after a couple of seconds.....

Please help me ...someone....

fare- not much information there to go on, you know :-) All I can tell you is that palm desktop installs fine on Win2k Final. So:

1. Are you installing with admin priveleges?

2. What build of win2k are you using?

3. Is the problem running the software or installing it? If the problem is installing it then go to the temp dir (under documents and settings\your user name\temp and make sure that directory is cleaned out then try to install again.

4. Download the palm desktop software from 3com (there is a new version anyways) because you install files may be hosed for some reason.

Let me know what happens and try to give a little more detail about your system and what is actually happening.

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

hi there shrink..

glad that you toke the time to respond :-)

yes..i have admin rights

im currently running build 2128 (ev. copy)

i have set my temp,tmp to d:\temp

the instllation freeze when going from step 2

(connect cradle to comp. and leave palmp. out of cradle.

the version is 3.0.1

i have a dell precision 410 and yes ..it work with NT 40sp6a

regards fare

fare - you have me stumped! I am not sure whether I would have changed the location of the temp dir - try putting it back to the default setting (i.e. documents and settings/username/temp) and see if that works. I had it installed on 2128 without any hitches - are your com ports properly installed without conflict (that shouldn't matter actually). Humour me and install the newest package from http://www.palm.com/support/downloads/dt303.zip and see if that works. Good luck :-)

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!