Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
-Maniac-

The point of Win2k is?

Is there really any GOOD reason to upgrade to win2k??? Games, suck, drivers are scarce and most of them are hacks, and I even read on ZDnet that Win2k is faster than Windows nt4.0 workstation only on a system with 32mb ram.. on systems with 64+MB ram, NT4.0 workstation is FASTER than win2k?? SO why bother with it?? really.. I want to know (and I know it has a "user friendly" interface, but that word is reserved for computer illiterate people and no one on this message board is one (I hope).. So don't use USER FRIENDLY as a reason!

I can't remember the last time I saw an illegal operation, can you? Also I don't recall being able to play the latest D3D games in NT. Besides, I dont' want the world to suck!

Why don't you try it before coming to conclussions?....my games work fine and it's fast as hell.

Whats an illegal operation? smile I forgot what they look like. Oh yeah those things. I think there might be a relation between illegal operations and hair loss. Since I have started using win2k my hair is getting thicker and I have less wrinkles on more forehead.

From what i'm able to see.... Win2k crashes even less than my MAC O/S 9 machine :o)

Oh yeah...win2k runs really good on a G4 with Virtual PC 3

I heard that they even took out the blue screen of death, because the OS is so stable. People are always quick to judge something new then go and hop on the band wagon later

Only problems I've had in win2k are related to UT(screws up upon exiting UT), and after I hear something power(wind) down(not sure what yet..) inside my case, then all win2k freezes almost..it takes 5 minuites for start button to pop up...

but doing everything else, I've not had a problem. Even with stuff that compainies say won't work with win2k(prodigy internet software comes to mind..it works fine, despite tech insisting it won't...but I only connect @ 50600..ALL the time)

Alright alright.. u've convinced me... Win2k does rule.. I'm also happy to say that I do not have the crash upon exiting UT with my Banshee (woohooo).. the only thing I can really ***** about is no Sound Blaster Live! FULL support for Win2k and mouse not fully responding in Rogue Spear.. but other than that.. kick ass... thanks to all who set me straight.. especially all "The Man" guys!