Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fragmaster

Woke up this morning and my keyboard stopped working

Basically woke up and my keyboard won't type anything. The keyboard is connected to the usb port and was working fine yesterday. Further inspection in device manager reveals that it is meant to be working fine... except it doesn't.

Important: Since my webcam driver was making my MIDI cable not work I followed this http://i.imgur.com/0jPnC.jpg and deleted: the "Lowerfilters" in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}" and the "Upperfilters" in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class{4D36E96D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} everything was working fine as usual untill this morning and reinstalling the drivers didn't help... I can't solve this problem... can YOU?

Seeing as you have done some more advanced steps, I hope that I do not insult your intelligence by asking this question; you just never mentioned it as a step.

Have you gone into device manager, uninstalled the device, shut down the computer, removed the keyboard's USB plug, plugged it into a different USB slot, then turned on the machine to let Windows reinstall the keyboard?

Seeing as you have done some more advanced steps, I hope that I do not insult your intelligence by asking this question; you just never mentioned it as a step.

Have you gone into device manager, uninstalled the device, shut down the computer, removed the keyboard's USB plug, plugged it into a different USB slot, then turned on the machine to let Windows reinstall the keyboard?

yes a couple of times. perhaps i could solve this problem by obtaining a copy of the files I deleted and importing them back into the registry?