Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spacey

Winamp 2.5e sometimes crashes?

Does anyone's winamp 2.5e sometimes crash? Mine does, sometimes at the end of a song or when I just run it, win2k says its generated an error and has to be shut down.

-SpaceY-

Mine used to go belly-up if I skipped songs too quickly under build 2128, but I haven't been able to reproduce this under 2151.

------------------

Paul Currie

I have the same Problem under RC2. WinAMP 2.5e crashes while reading the MP3-Infos. Just drag some special files in the Playlist and it crashes.

There is no Problem with WinAMP 2.5c ! So use the older version and everything will be fine.

I have the Soundblaster Live! Value. But I'll try the LiveWare 3.0 drivers later.

hmmmmm...

quite strange that everyone seems to have winamp2.5e working just fine in their system under win2k RC2...

well mine does too...[now] at first it kept on crashing... even from a fresh off the boat intall.. i then figured it out.

It was the dam skins...

took off all the skins.. and now voila.. works like a millions $$$'s without crashing yet once.. ;-)

my best bet to you is maybe try a barebones winamp.. none of that extra stuff..

dolce

Yeah, I figured it was happening when Winamp tried to load ID3 tags or whenever a new song was loaded, there was a chance something would bust. I got Winamp 2.5 and 2.5c and they both work fine...I unno whats up with 2.5e