Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
harlock

tachyon the fringe

i have just installed tachyon the fringe on my system but every time i try to start a game it just sits there and says tachyon loading please wait and then that screen dissapears and nothing i let it go fo 5 min. once and still nothing,why 5min. becuase task manager said it was still running!! any help would be appreciated. here are my specs.

amd athlon 600

352 megs of ram

tnt2 m64 32 meg

fireball ct01 26 gig

sound blaster live x-gamer

realtek 10mb ethernet adapter

generic 52x cdrom

generic 8x dvdrom

win2k professional on fat 32 install

dont know if i need all this info but if any one is the problem would like to know.

thanx.oh btw the begining movie plays and then it goes to the loading screen.dont know if that helps any.thanx

[This message has been edited by harlock (edited 09 April 2001).]

Start the game with space.exe in the Novalogic, Tachyon folder.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolf87:
Start the game with space.exe in the Novalogic, Tachyon folder.</font>

thanks wolf i'll give a try

Maybe fixing resolution to 16 bits before starting the game will solve the problem.

The last Novalogic update "ttfupd8i.zip" includes all previous updates and improves on 3D cards compatibility.

The Bink player tool may not be transferring control back to the 3D card for the game. The last version also with smacker update:

http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolf87:
Maybe fixing resolution to 16 bits before starting the game will solve the problem.

The last Novalogic update "ttfupd8i.zip" includes all previous updates and improves on 3D cards compatibility.

The Bink player tool may not be transferring control back to the 3D card for the game. The last version also with smacker update:

http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm
</font>

tried the .exe and it worked!! i just downloaded the tools also and will give them a try. i really appreciate your help this has been driving me nuts for the past few days trying to figure it out. thanks again wolf.

Check out windowsupdate.microsoft.com in July Application Compatibility package should include a fix for Tachyon.:D