Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sparkhard

Winfast GeForce 2 has "blips" in 2k games

Ok, I just got my MSI i815 Pro and my Leadtek winfast Geforce 2 GTS Pro. When i play games like THPS2, Madden 2001, Hitman , and Half Life i get these little white "blips". They look like little white flashes that come up randomly.

I am currently using the 6.49 dets. and i have tried damn near every other detonator version. I also have a Tiger 100 with this same Video card and same problem. THe Tiger 100 uses the 440 BX and the i815 Pro uses the 815 (no $hit).

ANy help is appreciated. Oh and i have tried it with DX 7, 8 and 8a.

Thanks, Sparkhard

Well, are you overclocking your video card?

Thats the only thing I know of that would cause that problem--if your OCing too high.

Wow, I had that same problem when I overclocked my TNT2 Ultra many moons ago. You could try a different set of drivers and see where that takes you. I am using 6.67 in Win2K and 11.01 in WinXP. I get them at www.3dchipset.com under the beta drivers section.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Thanks Clutch,

But in case you didn't read my thread, I said i've tried every driver. I still cant figure this one out.

Sparkhard

Actually, you wrote you tried "damn near every driver". I was just covering my bases.

:P

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Try turning off auto-hide of the taskbar - this took care of many issues I was having with mine, whether i was using the nVidia reference drivers, or the WinFast drivers.

As far as I'm concerned Leadtek cards suck hard. I currently have a Leadtek Winfast Geforce 256 and I had random lockups and/or yellow lines that would appear and then never go away until it locked up whenever I would run ANY 3D apps. I finally figured out that my problem was attributed to heat. I have two case fans and my processor always runs cool yet this P.O.S. graphics card would always lock up after a short while unless I had the case open and a big assed room fan blasting on it. I got PowerStrip the other day and have underclocked the core & memory to 100Mhz. Previously they were at the default of 120Mhz core and 166Mhz memory. Now I can leave my case closed and run Half Life or 3D Mark or whatever and don't get any lockups. WTF kind of shitty card is this? It even has a fan on the cards heatsink which my Voodoo card never had. Back when I had that Voodoo card If I touched the heatsink for more than a second I could burn my hand, yet it would run stable at 120Mhz core and 120Mhz memory. When I touch the heatsink on this Geforce (even with it at default clock settings) it is only mildly warm. So in summary I'm not at all impressed with this piece of crap card. I'm glad I only payed 70$ for it or I'd really be pissed. It runs Counterstrike and Team Fortress at a high framerate even with it clocked down so I guess I won't lose too much sleep over it. I'm sure I'll be tossing it in the garbage in a few months time (or less) anyways.

[This message has been edited by PsychoSword (edited 08 April 2001).]