Compatible Support Forums
steamer

Motherboard glitch

I have a K6 Pro ATX IR3 Motherboard. (Ancient AMD Athlon 850!!)

I have tried to change the CMOS set up but each time I get asked for a Password. I have never input a password!

I have tried clearing CMOS and removing and replacing the CMOS battery but I STILL get asked for a Password.

Is there any way to bypass this please?

Thanks in advance

Did you try going to the mainboard's support page or consulting the user's manual on how to clear the cmos?

You did not note the make and model exactly to us, but here is an example from the Tyan webpage;

Tyan support

Thanks danleff for the suggestion.

Sadly the makers weren't much help!

However, I did have a look at the Tyan page you suggested and there I read that I need to disconnect from the mains before flushing the BIOS (whcih I hadn't done!).On reflection, this is bleedin' obvious but I didn't realise it :blush: !

I have done so - disconnecting from the mains first - and all has worked fine, so many thanks for your excellent help and advice!

Cheers and thanks again

Chris P

Your very welcome.

Remember, when clearing the cmos, keep the battery out for at leat 10 seconds before replacing it.

When using jumpers, pin them to the clearing mode, make sure that the power cord is disconnected from the wall outlet and wait 10 seconds.

Often makers will also state that you can hit the power button (even though the power cord is disconnected from the wall) to clear any remaining voltage and subsequently clear the cmos settings.

When you change the motherboard, it must be compatible with processor, RAM. Had to upgrade everything in Last week for my personal PC. My motherboard was 61 model. When I upgrade motherboard to H110 model, I had to upgrade Processor too.