Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
donald

Rainbow Six?

Hi can anyone help me to get Rainbow Six working under 2000 SP1, I have made the reg file and imported it, and copyed the file, VCT32150.DLL, but when i run the game i am told "Sorry not Surported on Windows NT" can anyone help me Thanks.

------------------

Donald Marshall

www.deltaforcecommand.org.uk

For all your Map Making Needs

www.specialforcesgames.co.uk

For all your Special Forces Game Needs

last time i ran rogue spear it ran out of the box with no hacks. Since R6 and RS are on the same engine i dont know why you are trying to hack it to get it to work

No one posted a solution for Rainbow Six, so I thought I would post it just in case.

You have to download and install the application compatibility toolkit from MS website, run QFixApp and check Win95VersionLie.dll. I don't know if this is relevent but I have also done the registry edit shown on this site.

Good luck.

What a weird one for me! I HAD R6 and EW working when I first installed them a month ago. I got busy and did other things, and now went back to play it last night - it wouldn't work!!!

So, I too went and did the registry hack (modified for where I installed it), copied the VCT32150.DLL file, and even did the QFixApp, and still have problems. R6 will now run and go all the way to the oppening game screen, but though the soond works, the screen is frozen. I can even switch views to the different teams, but the action is frozen. As for EW, can not even get it to start.

Well, is Rogue Spear any better??

Ok, I got Rainbow 6 to work with the 1.04 patch. And EW actually starts after that patch, but exits to the desktop when I get to start the mission.

rogue spear is faster than r6 from what ive played of it. Its also A LOT easier to tell your team mates from the enemies in multiplayer. When i played R6 it looked just like 4 green guys and i couldnt tell who was who.