Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JMD

Games for NT 4.0 ???????????

Hello can anyone tell me what good games are out there that will run on NT 4.0. There doesn't seem to be a hell of a lot out there.

Looking for something that requires a bit of thinking and some good wholesome violence.

I have half life and Quake 3.

Also is there a good site out there for down loading game demos

Thanks in advance

Ureal Tournament should run under NT...its listed as one of the supported OSs. If you have just a 56k modem or worse, Id recommend against downloading any demos, as they will be anywhere from 30-50 megs each and that will take some serious download time. See if some one you know has some cds that came with a pcgaming mag (i.e. PC Gamer) as they have demos. If you have broadband, guesstimate about an hour at the most for a game demo download.

If your bound and determined to download a demo, do it at night if youve got an POTS modem; with broadband anytime is a good time, unless someone wants to surf the net on your computer. wink

Most newer games run on NT and 2k, but the variety isnt as broad because many companies didnt consider NT as a gaming platform like Win9x. Especially if dos is a factor in games, like DukeNukem3d or Wolfenstien, you will have some problems getting those to run. Supposedly, DosFreak has a good knowledge of running dos games under 2k.

As for downloading sites, just type in the game youd like to try in a search engine. If you know the manufacturer of the game, type it in after http:\\www.bloodygamemaker.com for example (im not sure thats a real site though). Multiplayer seems to be pretty bloody. UT has a multiplayer option that pits bots against you so you dont even have to be online. There also some team games that give you bots as teammates, again you dont have to be online.

Thanks Brian for the info. I do have cable internet, and a nice fast connection. I downloaded the Quake demo at 450k a sec wow it was done in about 9 min.

I'll check the sites out that you recomend. Can't wait till there is more of a selection of games for NT 4.0.

Unreal Tournament runs with no problems in NT4

Did you think of using the extensive listings on this site to check for game compatibility? It is called "NTCompatible" after all....

To that list you can add Diablo, Starcraft, Age of Empires 2, Links LS and many more.....

Hi Moray

Yes I do realize what the forum is called, but my original post was asking if anyone new of any games that required some thinking and some good wholesome violence, and ran on NT 4.O.

Not just games that run on NT.

Sorry if I wasen't clear on my wording.

Thanks for your contibution of games it is appreciated

Regards

Joe