Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
X-AL

New beta x3dfx Voodoo drivers: Well....

I saw the message, loaded those beta x3dfx W2K Voodoo5 drivers down and hoped they would solve the few existing WHQL 1.04 driver problems.

GP3 -> mixed up textures

MB Truck Racing -> disappearing/missing textures

Delta Force Landwarrior -> missing in-game indicators (cross, texts, etc.)

Well....

for me, the problems weren´t solved, but even got worse. The D3D texture management seems to get totally mixed up. I tried perfectly running games like B-17 II and NFS Porsche: The textures are on totally wrong places in totally wrong formats! I deinstalled and reinstalled, installed new and dated up, but no matter what I did, always the same problem occured. I for myself decided: No go for those betas.

Anybody out there with more luck?

I'm running the WHQL-drivers (same version as you) and would have tried them out tonight - thanks for the warning.

You seem to be running Delta Force - Landwarrior on Windows 2000. I have considerd it as my next game-purchase and would really like to know if it runs fine (we seem to have same config/setup).

Don't use them but you could copy over the glide2x, glide3x, 3dfxogl DLL other then that DirectX is mess up big in both Win9x & Win2k drivers.

Just tested the new drivers........

JUST THE SAME OLD BIG D3D PROBLEMS AS BEFORE!

It seems, that bug fixing (mixed up textures, etc.) was NOT done!

x3dfx: What am I doing wrong? BIOS settings are tested by me...doesn´t matter! Installation precedures...doesn´t matter!

What does matter? Or is this just a big joke by someone? Does x3dfx exist?

well SHS is the resident driver hacking expert. If his 3dFX advice doesnt help ya then your fuct.

Yes it seem the same bug are still there

in D3D better stick with 1.04.00 in both set of drv BooHoo hehehe.

1.04.01 Mhh I don't recall 3dfx released them.

Any way Swift he mix match them wrong any way

I try mix the best of the best but I keep runing to compatible problem where one game run better but then other get mess up.

So the glide2x, glide3x, 3dfxogl DLL in 1.04.00 have the best compatible & as well as DX drv.

So if you follow the link (to 3dfx.com!) and look at the 3rd driver to download from the top of the page in the Windows 9x/ME-section that is NOT the v1.04.01 driver ??? (it even has a .doc with 3dfx Beta Release Notes for the Voodoo Series Windows 9x - Kit Version: 1.04.01).

But I could be wrong...

HN last time I check this was NT4/Win2000/WinXP Topic forum

[This message has been edited by SHS (edited 24 February 2001).]

So when you write "...er the glide2x, glide3x, 3dfxogl DLL other then that DirectX is mess up big in both Win9x & Win2k drivers & ...with 1.04.00 in both set of drv BooHoo hehehe." you ONLY meant the Windows 2000 drivers...ooops, I'm sorry :-)

WEll I didn't say they were "official" 3dfx beta's...I just said grab these and try them. They worked very well for me. Boosted my framerate in UT from an average of 35-40 to over 50. But like you said what might work for one won't work for another.

Though those x3dfx drivers don't seem to work for any win 2k users.

Oddly enough I do seem to remember 3dfx was set to release a set of win 2k beta drivers...which was just before they decided to tuck tail and run.

Latest X3dfx Voodoo 5 drivers work just fine on my Voodoo 3 3000 in Windows 2000 Pro.

The WHQL drivers work fine for me also. In many cases it's the games that cause the problems and not always the drivers. For instance, Giants-Citizen Kabuto runs smooth for me until I get into a base building mission then my FPS drops to around 10. IMO this is not a driver issue but bad programming on the game makers part. I have no problems in playing games like UT, Tribes or Mechwarrior 4 because these games are always getting new patches and updates(well maybe not tribes).