Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kuchitree

Can you dual-boot with win2000 already installed?

Yes!

Winme will become the default OS. After Winme is installed, you just have to edit boot.ini to make win2k the default OS. Then the NT Bootloader will manage both the windows.

ARC

Don't even try it.. Unless you have some kind of sick wish to re-install win2k afterwards.

W2k works just fine and ME sucks.

If you have to have 95 Kernel than get a second HD and install it there. I won't recommend partitioning. Contrary to popular thinking it doesnt make you safe or faster.

It actually slows down your system and if 1 partition goes all goes eventually and you can't possibly recover them. The Second HD does not have to be 50-60 GB a meager 10 GB will be more than enough for your games.

Yes, you can install ME without having to reinstall Win2k, unless Win2k has become corrupted. It is advisable to have the whole hard drive partitioned to FAT32, because ME and the rest of the 9x line cannot read NTFS.

After you install WinME, simply run the repair option off the Win2k CD (boot off of it and hit R instead of ENTER). This was in a MS IT book, and Ive tested it and it does work. Unless you want to buy another hard drive to do this.