Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mike Zamarocy

European Air War, M1 Tank Platoon II, and Panzer Elite???

I see EAW and PE listed as working, but I can't even get them to install. Does anyone have a work-around for this, please?

And I can install M1TP2, but soon as I go to enter in a battle, I am kicked to the desktop.

Panzer Elite plays perfectly with DirectX 8.

It does with Detonator 3 drivers 6.47.

But my main question for PE is HOW did you get it to install? I get all sorts of errors and it won't complete the installation.

Thanks

Just reinstalled it. No problem at all. Click install, choose full and it does. Then start 3D-Control Centre and adjust graphic properties (1920x1200). It plays fine with 6.62 Detonators drivers on Kenwood 72X CD with firmware update for UDMA 2.

So your problem may be a bad media disk but more probably the CD Rom itself or DMA may not work. It may also explain slowdowns and lockups of MW4.

European Air War installation just fails.

EAW installs ok but you need to run acompat.exe (W2K CD)and then as NT4 and then point to the auto run on the CD; it works fine, better than 98 in terms of stability and speed.

Panzer Elite, installs fine and runs fine no problems at all???

M12TP no chance,

Panzer Elite now works fine! But though I got EAW to install, it will only run for a few moments, then lockup my system hard. I used the SETWIN95.CMD on it which helped me get at least that far. If I use the acompat.exe, it either does not run, or say the MSCVRT.DLL is missing or not the Win32S version. Any clues??? Or should I go with the MS Combat Simulator instead???

Thanks to X-AL this is what he posted and it worked fine, especially as EAW is so much better than the M$ Combat stuff.

My solution was (so you don´t need setwin95):

First, update EAW to Version1.2. Then install APCOMPAT.exe (it´s in a support drawer of the W2K-CD). Run APCOMPAT.exe, checkmark only NT5 as the operating system, and link (important!) AUTOPLAY.exe from the EAW-CD in the field "Start the following program". Klick OK! Then the autostart EAW screen appears. Good flight!

There is no "NT5" in the Acompat.Exe I have, only Windows 2000 or NT4 SP5. I take it you mean Win2K by saying NT5???

And it is quite interesting that you do it on the AutoPlay file!

Never mind, I finally found the 1.2a patch. But guess what? First off, I still get the error about the CD missing (even though I did the ini hack), but if I click on continue, it will play the game. BUT (secondly), . . . I now can play for about 10 minutes, but it still locks up on me frown

So now what is next???

I have the CL Anihilator Pro and using the WHQL 6.62 drivers.

As for the patch, I got the 1.2a (unofficial), but that only helps to allow me to play for about 10 minutes now before locking up.

Whoops sorry, yup NT4 (slip of the finger) but it works with the standard 1.2 patch and no registry hacks....once upon a time in the dark ages of 98 I had lock up problems due to the sound card drivers which may be a red herring or a clue???

Have fun.

A few things you could try, at your own risk:

I downgraded to 6.31 from NVIDIA to prevent some lockups in a few games I own. You could try that as last resort.

Follow the instructions at the following link, has helped some with sound quality/lockup/stutter issues, works with just about any soundcard:

http://arstechnica.infopop.net/OpenTopic...amp;m=514098692

If you happen to have a Creative SBLive then try these updated drivers (beta version 5.12.1.3110):

http://alive.singnet.com.sg/drivers/wdm0101.htm

WOW! That one about the DEBUG LEVEL being on is TRUE! I never realized that, nor would many others!!! So I set it to off. Will test it later for sure! Might also be the thing to fix the MW4 problems as well!!!!

Oh well, the DEBUG part still did not solve EAW locking up. I still get to only play for about 5-10 minutes, or . . . . it does seem to lockup mainly when I shoot the guns.

I wonder if B17 is much better anyway???

Next I will try the DX8.0a to see if that helps??????

Dell Dimension 4100

PIII 1GHz

GeForce GTS 2 Pro

Santa Cruz Turtle Beach Sound card

My friend I am having the exact same problems with appcompat.exe and setwin95.

Actually, let me amend that. I can run for about 3 minutes using the appcompat.exe method then it just freezes, sound image everything and I have to reboot. When I upgraded my GeForce Drivers and my sound card drivers and got a GeForce tweaker with optimum settings (I don't know which one helped) but I went from about 30 seconds to 3 minutes of flying time.

When I try to run setwin95 I get an errormessage "imgcfg is not a recognizable command or filename..."

Anybody got a link for this hard to find European Air War v1.2a patch...I've looked all over and can only find v1.2 patch ?????