Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JMD

Ultimat gaming card

Hello. Im currently using the Matrox G 400 32 MEG AGP. Im looking into bying another card, can anyone make some sugestions. Im looking for a very fast highend card.

Thanks

NO arguements here.....

Now just decide what extras the companies that ship that GPU-Chipset offer like TV-Out if you're into that stuff etc etc...

The Leadtek Winfast is very good as is the Hercules Prophet range. The choice is yours laugh

------------------

---------------

Lord Nor of JK

---------------

I've got the Hercules Ultra, and it kicks arse.

You going to need a fairly powerful CPU to take advantage of it though.

Some of the benchmarks I've seen show that on at 640x480, even a GHz CPU can't supply enough data to keep the card happy!

OK, so you're likely to be 1024x768 and higher, but the card will be wasted if you don't have the MHz to back it up.

I have the Hercules Prophet GTS PRO (200MHzGPU, 400MHz Memory) and it rocks. I have had a Annihilator Ultra, and it didn't go much faster in Q3 (about 2-5fps faster) than the Pro did. In addition, I had a bunch of stability issues with my AOpen AX-34 mobo with the Via Apollo Pro 133A chipset. I imagine that it would have performed better with a BX or i815 mobo, but for $285 for the Pro, vs. $500 for the Ultra I just couldn't see keeping the Ultra even when I do switch out my motherboard.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

If don't wish to spend an awful lot of money, but you want a dam good(maybe the best)then you wan't to get an ATI Radeon 64mb DDR. Any hardware review will and has

shown that this card performs as good , and

beven better in some tests, than the Geforce 2. Thias card has many more features than the Geforce and even boasts features that will benefit future games. This maens this card will be in your system longer without needing to be replaced!

ok, if you don't have the big bucks to spend, you can buy a GeForce2 MX, overclock the hell out of it and it'll run very very nicely, the only drawback of the MX model is the SDR (Single Data Rate) Ram that it uses, but you don't see me complaining, at least not for the performance it's shown me and the low price tag of $150 USD

GeForce MX units have 128-bit SDR and 64-bit DDR models. Just depends on the vendor that you use. I imagine that they would be similar, seeing as increase in memory bandwidth in DDR is offset by the halving of the memory interface.

------------------

Regards,

clutch