Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spark

Problems with Direct3D w/ a Banshee in Windows 2000

Pleeeeease help... Since installing Windows 2000, I have been completely unable to get Direct3D working with my Voodoo Banshee.

In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, under DirectX drivers, it lists framebuf.dll, mmmixer.dll, tsd32.dll, and vga.drv... on the bottom it says No Problems Found.

Under the Display tab, DirectDraw acceleration says Enabled, and Direct3D acceleration says Not Available.

I've installed all sorts of drivers... from 3dfxgamers.com. . and other hacked drivers.. and nothing changes.

Any ideas?

Also, on a side note, why is it that I see Voodoo3 and Banshee referenced together all the time?

Hey Spark;

I faced your problem before. Its not that Hard. Ok well to get that fixed you gotta use the DirectX 7 Directory open it and right click on all the INF files and choose Install. This wont reinstall DirectX but it will Modify the Settings for DirectX and then it will enable the D3D support for your Video Card OK ?!?!?

have FUN

Are you using 3dfx's beta drivers? I also have a Banshee and am using them. From what I remember, the beta drivers do not support Direct3D yet, just Glide and OpenGL. I'd have to check the driver readme to be sure though.

------------------

I've got a Banshee, and am using the 3dfx beta drivers, but I haven't had any problems with D3D. OpenGL is where the heart attack is. WickedGL took care of it, though.

My Banshee PCI work very slow in Windows2K with TvCapture98 , searching in the Control Panel it report that NO IRQ in the Banshee card.

(With WindowsME work OK)

Please help!!

------------------

pp