Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
digitizedsoul

Hidden & Dangerous

I have Version 6.18 Nvidia drivers for my Ge-force 256 32MB all the latest Win2k updates including SP1 and i am unable to play H&D. After the configure your soldiers / weapons screen it goes to the Mission briefing screen where it shows your Waypoints etc. Well after that is where ti is SUPPOSED to let you start playing i guess. Instead i get a black screen. I have the game patched to the latest (1.3)

someone pleaes help i'd love to play this sometime soon.

Heh...

My bro had the same prob in W98se, never mind W2k..He just took it back to the shop. I don't know if its picky about mobo's, cpu configs etc..

He has AMD k62 450, 64mb RAM, V3 2000, SB PCI128.

It just doesn't like some machines, which is a shame, because I wanted to play it too frown

I have the same problem with H&D, and i think there is some bug in the 6.18 drivers, try to change to 5.32 0r 5.22!

Install DirectX 8 (build 146) and the game should run fine. The game is also sensitive to your drivers.

Hi there,

I had almost the same problem with a Voodoo5500. I used to get those black screens, after I choosed a mission.

So I continously updated the game and the V5 drivers. Nothing really changed!

AND again I installed some latest WHQL certified W2K V5 drivers, UN- and REINSTALLED the game, installed the mission add on with the included 1.3patch (no 1.1/1.2 patching before!). And it worked!

So I am not quite sure, what actually did help, the fresh installation or the new V5 drivers... . I think the fresh installation.