Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BladeRunner

F1 GP3 - Preliminary Results

OK,

I'm at work at the moment, so I haven't been able to try this game out on my own machine.

Here is the spec of my work PC.

SE440BX-2 Motherboard, 128MB RAM, Matrox G400 32mb Non-Max, Yamaha On-Board Souncard.

Running the latest beta G400 drivers (5.11, released yesterday)

Results so far:

Installation - Did Full (320MB) Install, no issues.

Intro - Ran absolutely fine

Graphics Calibration - No issue, ran through each screen test very fast, very smooth.

Quick Race - Don't have time at work to run a proper game with practice/qualifying etc so jumped into the Quick Race option.

Game runs very fast, very smooth with default graphics options on.

I'm not sure what graphics options are not switched on (Didn't even get chance to check the Options page)

Conclusion so far:

This game is going to run very nicely under Win2k.

Matrox (They might not be as quick as the NVidia's, but the drivers seem nice and stable) drivers working fine.

I have a SB Live! at home, so will have to check that later.

Result:

3 lap race, finished 8th, damn Irvine knocked me off the track at the first corner when I'd moved from 6th on the grid to 3rd by first corner.

Next time Irvine, next time! smile

------------------

PIII 650 Coppermine, ABit BE6-II, 384MB PC100 RAM (Samsung), Matrox G400MAX, SB Live! Value, Intel 10/100 NIC, Adaptec 2940UW, IBM 7200 ATA66 22GB HD, IBM 7200 ATA66 20GB HD, Pioneer 32x/6x SCSI DVD, Yamaha 4416 SCSI CD-RW, Iomega Zip 100 SCSI Internal, Iiyama Vision Master Pro 410.

Windows 2000 Only

Kewl...I'll be buyin that on the way home today so...cheers for the update BladeRunner!