Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TrueType

Fixed the problem concerning NFS 5 + Win2000 + HangUp !!!

Found the solution somewhere in another board:

Just delete the file "gimme.dll" in the main NFS 5 directory and the game will start up fine :-)

Don't ask me what that file is for, I don't know.

I hope that I could help you,

TrueType.

[This message has been edited by TrueType (edited 22 March 2000).]

That didn't help me. but i my version doesn't use like 900mb before crashing. it justs turns the screen black (like its about to load and atart game) but then it just goes back to desktop. I've taken out that file and no change. maybes its becuae i'm using the cracked version by MYTH. anyone else got this version to work?

Hi Guys,

I got a Voodoo2 and I cannot get NFS5 to work. I got also the cracked version from Myth, but the 3DSetup don't let me choose any 3D Hardware, the selectbox is empty. Is this because there aren't D3D Drivers for Voodoo2 ? Thanx,

------------------

=DC=JFK

[*]Programmer of the HA Webboard

[*]Member of the IndyProject

[*]Member of the Action Quake Clan =DC=

[*]Redakteur im GamersNetwork

[/list:u]

deleting gimme.dll didnt work for me. still get 800mb mem usage at Loading screen. i updated to 381 drivers too. no go w/ the 378's either. i have a tnt2, btw

No problems with me and Porsche Unlimited and I too have the Myth version. I didn't even delete the gimme.dll file.

W2K Pro and V3 2000 AGP and I love the game and yes it's using my Card for Beautiful graphic's smile

------------------

DarkWolf

As I walk through the Darkness and the Shadows of the Night, you should be wary as you are never out of my sight.

There is an update from MS for w2k concerning games. Don't know the exact filename anymore but you should be able to find it on their site.

If you haven't installed it yet, that could maybe help...

nope messing with the gimmie.dll didnt work for me

im using the Class release(ive heard the Myth release is beta), and I get the following error box, right before the main loading screen

Error: execution may continue.

DX7 Error Code: DDERR_GENERIC (80004005) FILE

\3rash\dx7\dx7dev.c, LINE 386

[FILE=(null), LINE=0]

gotten this error since installing the game.

im wondering if its because I installed DX7 off Unreal Tournaments CD. Anyway to get the original Win2k DX7 back?

ack! forgot somet stuff that might be needed to help me

System:

Celery366

128MB PC-100 RAM

Intel i440LX/EX mobo(non flashable)

Stealth III S540 PCI(latest Diamond Win2k drivers[8.30.20 i think], v212C BIOS)

Yamaha YMF724(or something)anything else needed?

It is also possible to run nfs5 in glide mode. Change this in your config file 3dsetup.ini

CARD_3Dfx Voodoo3 [ some other stuff ]

The switch should look like this

CARD_3Dfx Voodoo3 /M:voodoo2 /I

viola your in glide mode.

Oh this PU has its root deept in Glide since the original NFS1, and it would run beautifually on any 3DFX display cards, but when it comes to nvidia, you are going to the dark side.

But myself on a V3 is not going to use glide as I have it at 1280x1024 real smooth, with all graphic details to the max and heavy traffic with 7 random competitor cars. It is the only game today I encounters that can play with such speed in this resolution and details on my V3.

[This message has been edited by tylau (edited 02 April 2000).]

I'm stuck at the memory-hog problem; gimme.dll doesn't make any difference on my P3550/256/G400Max. The really frustrating thing, though, is that the demo runs fine! Aarrgh!

I installed the MYTH rip. It ran fine for a few days and then started hanging at the splash screen. The same installation continued to work fine back in win98. I then deleted gimme.dll and bam! its working again.... boy am I happy.

I'm running a PIII600 Aopen ax6bc pro mobo, matrox G400 with and SB awe64..... But it doesn't seem to be a hardware issue at all.

Damn thing won't work on my system. Tried deleting gimme.dll and playing with the swap file. Still eats up all the swap file and either boots out to the desktop or gives me an out of virtual memory error. Those that got this thing to work are lucky, pure and simple. The lousy demo works great though! <argh!!> System is an abit be6II, 384megs PC100, sb live, windows 2000 pro, GeForce DDR w/Detonator 5.13.

Has anyone gotten NFS5 working in Glide on a Voodoo2? I tried changing the 3dsetup.ini settings and it still only detects my TNT. The TNT works fine but is slow.

Something else that's weird is the installation program doesn't install a 3dsetup directory. I have to make the directory myself and copy the files over manually. Very strange...

This is the demo btw.

gimmi.dll worked superb

just renamed

my config

256 mg ram

voodoo 3

2x 450MHZ Intel --->windows2000

57GB HD

------------------

gta