Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ROM

nvidia tech demo wont run

Hi,

I have just downloaded the nvidia tech demo (gothic chapel) and when run it switches the screen into the correct resoultion and then quits back to windows.

I am running 5.30 on my elsa x

i havent had any other problems really

actually I think you are right

It does have it listed for the geforce 2 GPU

I did have all the other geforce 1 demos but most of those wouldnt run, giving an error message about a missing dll

thanks

This demo doesn't work under Win2K even w/ a GeForce 2 GTS. I only work under Win9x. I tested it w/ my dual boot.

oh

well, you would have thought.

An nvidia tech demo not working with win2k(!)

I still refuse to go back to 98 and I dont have the free space to dual boot.

bugger

A friend of mine can run it under Win2K, but he has a Asus Geforce 2 GTS. It doesn't work with my Geforce256 DDR. I think it's because they use Per-Pixel-Shading in that demo and the Geforce256 is not supposed to be able to do that (actually it is just too slow as far as I heard).

------------------

My system specs:

PIII 600E @ 800 , 160mb PC100 3-3-3, Creative GeForce DDR, SBLive (never had any problems with it, yet. Liveware 2K works very fine for me), 15 GB IBM, Gigabyte BX2000@133, WinTV primio, Pioneer DVD 10x, Iiyama VM 451 (1280x1024@100Hz smile.

It does work in W2k, have tried it with GF1_32MB and GTS_64MB... no problems what so ever.

BTW, there's a DLL in the installed folder needed deletion... but forgotten what it was, one of those run time libs.

[This message has been edited by nam ng (edited 16 July 2000).]

After trying to uninstall the GeForce 5.32 drivers and reinstalling them, the demo works.