Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Crash99

cutting load time on unreal tournamnet

i don't know if everyone knows this, but you can seriously cut the load time of ut by modifying the unreal tournament.ini file This mod will stop the game from loading the intro and skip right to the black logo screen. the local map section usually points to the city intro map...replace it with the following line and enjoy faster loading...

LocalMap=UT-Logo-Map.unr

props to my computer geek friend mike

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Bazzinett:
Even faster if you find the no-cd hack.

Agreed.... I am a legitemate owner of Unreal Tournament, and I think it's unfortunate that I have to use a crack to play the game sooner....

Oh well, it also means I don't have to go digging for my cd every time I want to play....

Yep, CUViper, I know what you mean. I like to switch often between video cards API's and that meant putting the cd in, waiting... waiting... and then a screen to pick the card I want, then more waiting... waiting... waiting...

Did I mention that the cd-rom drive I had was one of those mentioned that did not like the anti-piracy means put on the cd-roms (Acer 36x). The hack, which really is bad for those of us who spent $45 for our own copies, does help so much in the load time. The CD-rom drive I had would take up to 3 minutes in some cases to start the game. So I ended up just buying a new cd-rom just to speed up UT. Pathetic, huh?

------------------

Celeron 300A@450, Abit BH6, 160 RAM, Seagate Barracuda 20.4gig 7.2k rpm UDMA66, Modified Promise ultra66 turned into a Fasttrack hack, 48x Lite-on CDROM

Diamond v770 tnt2 16 meg, Voodoo2 8, meg, 17"Daytek

I have the cd crack as well...the hack simply forces the game to skip the loading of the city intro, which brings it right to the black logo screen...time is saved even if you have the cd crack b/c the intro takes so long to load, regardless of hard drive or cd-rom speeds...