Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kasnitch

Hot Damn!! I won a preview of Motocross Madness 2

Very happy up here. I was just notified today my copy of MCM2 is on its way to Canada.

Checkout http://www.betabites.com and look at the contest winners listed under April 24. I'm the eighth one (The Canadian) listed there.

I'll let you all know if and how well it runs in Win2k.

No *****ing out Canadians please. Our Local just ended an almost 4 year strike at our gold mine here with everyone being terminated and the Local was dissolved as part of the severance package. Winning this game today has been one of the few bright spots in the last few years.

What really surprises me is I was able to fill out the submission form and hit the submit button in time to make the first ten people. I have only a crappy 26.4 connection to the internet.

From One canuk to another =), your getting beta2 lets hope it runs better than beta 1. The only vid card i've seen beta 1 run in win2k with is an ati rage 128(errr umm yeah)everything else stops responding(3dfx/nvidia)I don't know if Ballplayer was referring to beta1 or 2. I Can't wait for the final......god damn.....no WinMe for some MCM action.

I was talking about beta 2 otherwise known as the sneak preview version. It runs unlike beta 1 in win2k with a voodoo 3500, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to run at a resolution above 640. Also, during gameplay it will just freeze for like a minute solid.

You guys were right about MCM2 preview. It looks like an early beta2 build.

I was hoping it was a release candidate.

Very limited functionality in Win2k. I tested it for several hours on two systems here with very poor results.

The game recognized both 3d cards (Rage Fury and TNT2 Ultra) at startup, but you can't select past 640x480 in options. You can in software, but don't even go there.

The interface needs polishing and is very slow. I tried 3 different drivers on the Ultra, with no change. (3.78,3.81,5.13)

The worst part is that the game doesn't even see my Sidewinder 3Dpro stick and Sidewinder gamepad. Hard to believe they don't have native support for their own hardware.

I played in 640x480 for about an hour with the keyboard and I have to say that this game will rock if they ever get some compatability happening. I haven't felt this kind of immersion and speed in a game in a long time. Flying over the crest of a hill only to realize you are now dropping over a hundred feet straight down into a forest, gave me vertigo in the worst way. I can't wait for more!!

One last thing. The EULA states you can make one backup copy of the software for archival purposes. Pretty much an empty offer, because not even Blind Read can get past the security on this game. So when you all do buy the game, take good care of the disk until somebody figures out a no-cd .exe or you will be buying another copy.

Cheers.