Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bootykika

DirectX 7 update

I have made a new version of that. What I did is replace all of the debug files with the files from the Professional version of NT5. So now I have made myself a program that can install Directx7!

How about posting it for us? I will beat having to reinstall W2k when just one file in DirectX goes south.

Thanks,

Todd

It's 1.74m. I could e-mail it. sslllooowww or if somebody has an ftp addie I can up it.

I tried the shortcut but it just leads to their sign up site. We'd need you user name and password. I don't know if you'd want to share those ...

You have to sign up to access the shared folder. Don't worry just enter any name/pass to register. You don't even have to wait for them to send you a password. You make your own and it only takes a minute.

Anything with 'debug' in it, as far as programmers go, means it hasnt had the debug code stripped from it.. this is code only useful to trap errors when they occur and report them to the developer so they can fix whatever problem is happening.. not only is the extra code not useful to everyone else, but it slows things down.. retail, as they refer to it here, is the 'stripped' version of the code, which has debug code removed and thus runs faster.

------------------

-Da_G

DosFreak, e-mail it to me and i'll post it on my site for download and i'll link it here.

eddie@intrepid.net

When I try to run DosFreak's installer, it says that I don't have administrative permissions - even though I am logged in as the administrator. Any ideas?

if I just extract the files like in the readme, what directory do they go to?

what are you using to extract them? i used WinRAR, i right clicked on it and chose "Extract to dx7w2k/" then it made a folder, i have no problems with DirectX so i never had to used it, i just posted it for him. Are you logged in as Administrator or an account with administrative rights?

You are double clicking "dx7w2k.exe" right?

[This message has been edited by EddiE314 (edited 23 April 2000).]